Wahrheit

[Contest] Proving Grounds opening celebration!

Come one, come all to the Proving Grounds! This new arena features terrain straight from Avenfeld and a horde of monsters ready to put you through your paces.

To celebrate the opening of the Proving Grounds, today I'm announcing a contest! The individualduo, and open groups of players who top the leaderboards with the highest wave progress will each receive fabulous prizes!

This contest will run until December 15th at 12pm Chicago time! At that point, the top competitors in each group will be locked in and rewarded handsomely for their efforts.

To participate, fight your way to the top of the Proving Grounds mob arena and post a screenshot in this thread with proof of the highest wave you've conquered and proof that you completed it in the appropriate group size (single, duo, any). You can get to the Proving Grounds with "/ma j ProvingGrounds" in-game. Each round costs 1000 gold per player.

The rewards for the top competitors in each group are as follows (subject to change):

Individual Group - Highest wave cleared by a single player

• Honors on the forums, Discord, and social media
  • 50,000 gold
  • 256 Purified Dark Matter
  • Full set of Burnished armor, sword, shield, and bow with Sealed Potential
  • 8,192 redstone

Duo Group - Highest wave cleared by a group of two players maximum

• 10,000 gold each
  • 128 Purified Dark Matter each
  • Full set of Imbued armor, sword, shield, and bow with Sealed Potential
  • 4,096 redstone each

Open Group - Highest wave cleared by a group of any size (8 maximum)

• 5,000 gold each
  • 64 Purified Dark Matter each
  • 1,024 redstone each

Good luck!

ap4idZL.png

twfGUHX.png

He who fights and runs away, lives to fight another wave.

Until Umbra spawns, obviously.

kp5fzW8.png

After many waves of kiting Lesser Drow around the arena picking them off one-by-one with a bow, my chickens came home to roost at round 50.

-----

Also, did an open-team round with Elec and Imperv earlier tonight, which I expect him to post soon.

Another run, different loadout (based on the results of the last one), same result:

rvnWx80.png

After a long, Orwellian lecture on my in ability to lock up the darkness, Umbra showed up and kicked my ass.

XgH0YED.png

If only someone had told me that Umbra was a tough piece of crap.  Someone really oughtta teach him a lesson.