Wahrheit

Spell & Skill suggestions thread

Overshield
Feature effects

Overshield completely negates the next incoming source of damage and covnerts it into a large explosion.

Targets:

AOE, Self (Ego/Superego/Id)

Effects:

If the caster is hit by any "external" damage while Overshield is active, that damage and any accompanying status effects are ignored; Overshield deactivates and then triggers an explosion with heavy knockback and a non-zero amount of damage. The caster of Overshield takes no damage from the explosion but should be subject to knockback.

"External damage" would be: other spells, Mobs, Players, splash potions, fall damage, lava, or asphyxiation from falling blocks.

Things that should NOT triger overshield, and just do damage normally: hunger, poison, drowning, void, any drinked potions; Silk Touch damage???

Explanation/
Problem I want to solve / gap I want to fill:

The current state of minecraft is that if a do a way crazy jump and land on top of a sucka that sucka takes no damage and I may even end up hurt. That's whack, this spell aims to rectify that whackness by enabling badass superhero landings for those suficiently badass.

Solution explanation:

I think if balanced properly this can be a viable defensive tactic, it's versatile but not overpowered. and has good shock and awe factor for cathing PVPrs unawares. But yeah its mainly for superhero landings.

On 9/10/2019 at 6:07 PM, lupinx2 said:

Overshield
Feature effects

Overshield completely negates the next incoming source of damage and covnerts it into a large explosion.

Targets:

AOE, Self (Ego/Superego/Id)

Effects:

If the caster is hit by any "external" damage while Overshield is active, that damage and any accompanying status effects are ignored; Overshield deactivates and then triggers an explosion with heavy knockback and a non-zero amount of damage. The caster of Overshield takes no damage from the explosion but should be subject to knockback.

"External damage" would be: other spells, Mobs, Players, splash potions, fall damage, lava, or asphyxiation from falling blocks.

Things that should NOT triger overshield, and just do damage normally: hunger, poison, drowning, void, any drinked potions; Silk Touch damage???

Explanation/

The current state of minecraft is that if a do a way crazy jump and land on top of a sucka that sucka takes no damage and I may even end up hurt. That's whack, this spell aims to rectify that whackness by enabling badass superhero landings for those suficiently badass.

Solution explanation:

I think if balanced properly this can be a viable defensive tactic, it's versatile but not overpowered. and has good shock and awe factor for cathing PVPrs unawares. But yeah its mainly for superhero landings.

This is a neat idea! I think "overshield" is probably the wrong name, but the concept is intriguing and I'll think about it the next time I'm working on spells.

Pull

Feature effects

Pull brings a target towards you. "GET OVER HERE!"

Targets:

Single-target

Effects:

Teleports or otherwise moves a target towards you. Something like the "Get over here!" ability that some vets and elites have. Maybe it switches the target's aggro to the player who pulled them? To prevent harassment/griefing, this wouldn't work on players.

Explanation

Could be useful for crowd control or bringing mobs away from the edges of cliffs or the end islands.

I feel like the ability to bring a selected target towards you would be useful and spice up combat a little bit.

Solution explanation:

I think if balanced right, this could be a fun addition to combat. Interested in seeing it used with a group of players, having people pulling away mobs that get spawned in boss encounters to prevent one player from being overwhelmed.

19 hours ago, ElectricSparx said:

Pull

Feature effects

Pull brings a target towards you. "GET OVER HERE!"

Targets:

Single-target

Effects:

Teleports or otherwise moves a target towards you. Something like the "Get over here!" ability that some vets and elites have. Maybe it switches the target's aggro to the player who pulled them? To prevent harassment/griefing, this wouldn't work on players.

Explanation

Could be useful for crowd control or bringing mobs away from the edges of cliffs or the end islands.

I feel like the ability to bring a selected target towards you would be useful and spice up combat a little bit.

Solution explanation:

I think if balanced right, this could be a fun addition to combat. Interested in seeing it used with a group of players, having people pulling away mobs that get spawned in boss encounters to prevent one player from being overwhelmed.

Already exists