Wahrheit

Planned deprecation: Craftbook

Craftbook appears to be under limited support from its former authors and I plan to remove it in the near future.

Please use this thread to comment on what features about the existing system you like best, what you think its drawbacks are, and what you'd like to see from a replacement system in the future.

23 minutes ago, Impervious200 said:

What exactly does craftbook do on our server? A google search didn't reveal much.

If you don't know, I'd rather not explain. I'm mostly looking to maintain existing usage where possible and reasonable.

We don't have a lot of the mechanics on but many of the ones we do are deeply ingrained into server builds and practices

The Good:

"Better Sponge" is great and makes sponges actually useful on this server.  Also it's the only good way to clear water.

IDK if "Drops" is what this server uses to make custom drops but if it is it's obviously deeply ingrained in the server system

"Elevator" has been a huge part of this server for long enough that many builds would no longer be correctly navigable without it

"Painting Switcher" is good for avoiding massive and frustrating wastes of time rolling for the desired painting

"Exit remover" for boats (drops boat in your inventory when you dismount) is nice to have and reduces boat pollution

IDK if Craftbook is the plugin making it so crops and farmland don't get trampled -- if it is, that functionality prevents a lot of needless frustration and is great

Minecart mechanics -- The Minecart mechanics are great and make minecart use on the server more pleasant.  Removing "constant speed" would break a lot of builds, as would removing the minecart command blocks (dispenser, reverse, eject, station, etc).  The command blocks may seem trivial since not everyone has access but non-knights have access to using an iron block to eject a player and losing that would break builds

The less good:

"Ammeter" works on here but I don't think I've ever used it

"Gate" is neat but unknown enough that very few use it and likely wouldn't be too missed

While most of the cart mechanics are great, the bit where mobs can't board minecarts makes villagers a bit rougher to handle (but totally fine keeping that if it means the rest of the very vital minecart mechanics can stay)

I have barely used Craftbook on any Minecraft server beyond things like elevators and gates. A lot of the mechanics aren't really something most players know, so I don't feel like it would negatively impact the server much beyond breaking existing builds using them.