Wahrheit

Minecraft Server Rules

This thread will contain official server rules. We will operate on a "case law" standing, where exceptions or additions may be made on a per-incident basis. Such case law will be documented here as best as possible. The word of Wahrheit is the final say and the right to judge as is necessary, if need be in contradiction with existing standing for the good of the server, is reserved. I do pay the bills.

• No griefing. This means destruction of other players' property, general harassment, harm, or other actions that cause grief - thus the term griefing.
  • No begging. You are not entitled to anything here - we are a survival server. Survive. You have more than sufficient resources available.
  • No whining. Repeating your requests does not legitimize them. Complaints will be seen as requests to visit space.
  • Be friendly. You are here with your fellow players - we will all have a much better time if, as a community, we can get along. This doesn't mean you have to like everyone, just be civil. It isn't that hard.
  • No hacking, malicious mods, exploitation, duping, or other unfairly advantageous manipulation of gameplay. Cheaters never prosper.
  • Harassment will not be tolerated. This pretty much goes hand in hand with "No Griefing", but it's re-iterated because cyber bullying is not a joke and we won't stand for it. If you kill someone, you've made your point. You don't need to abuse them.
  • Visual griefing (mutilating the landscape for transport or other purposes without cleaning up after yourself) is not allowed. Our world is beautiful and majestic. We worked very hard to make it so. Please respect that, and we will respect you.
  • No mob grinders or mob farms. The server will nerf them anyway, but don't build them. Monsters drop extra loot compared to vanilla because you're meant to go out and hunt them in the wild. So, you know, go do that.
    • Automated crop farms that utilize block update detection (e.g. observers) are permitted.
  • No advertising. For fuck's sake, if we wanted to go elsewhere we would.
  • Wahrheit's word is law.

Case law will be documented below should it become necessary. Please only post in this thread if you have suggestions for additional rules or revisions to existing ones, or if you feel the need to appeal your circumstances. Should that ever be the point where you are at, remember that my time is valuable and if you're going to use it you had better not waste it if you want to be heard.

To what extent is "visual griefing" enforced in the nether? I make a point to go back after storing my loot to remove my large scaffolding, but I tend to leave behind smaller practical things such as steps from level to level, 1-wide bridges, and small bits to contain flowing lava- is this acceptable or should I go find and remove these?

I would appreciate that any infrastructure be either concealed or aesthetically appealing. :)

understood, I'll go back and remove when I get a chance today

No huge hurry of course, but thanks for the consideration. :)

Regarding TNT- assuming it's not used in a way that mutilates the landscape (blast mining underground, away from the surface, or as a way to clear large amounts of stone, later cleaned up with a pick) is it within the rules to use? I only ask because I know of some servers that auto-ban on placing tnt and don't want to run into that kind of problem

Regarding TNT- assuming it's not used in a way that mutilates the landscape (blast mining underground, away from the surface, or as a way to clear large amounts of stone, later cleaned up with a pick) is it within the rules to use? I only ask because I know of some servers that auto-ban on placing tnt and don't want to run into that kind of problem

TNT is unable to damage landscape, only players. If you want to put some traps in your house, go for it. :)

Today we had an issue with user harassment. When another user asks you to leave their territory, and to stop bothering them, it is mandatory that you do so - you must respect their wishes.

If you believe they have done this in error, or if someone is harassing you, you may send me a PM and I will deal with it.

There was also an issue where a user refused to acknowledge wrongdoing. I am a big advocate of restorative justice, but when I tell you that you've fucked up, the correct response is to say "okay" and learn about how to avoid similar situations in the future.

Hey Wahr... so I invite kitsune_princess to the server.... the moment we go to leave from spawn she gets kicked for flying... she was chugging along in a boat. I don't understand.

Make sure she's got a good connection - you can PM me if it happens again. :)

As an update to the above conversation with Piogre, because we now plan on regularly regenerating the Nether, "visual griefing" will be allowed. It's still discouraged, as there are plenty of other ways to get around (ender pearls, elytra, blink spell), but don't stress too much about it.

Added "no mob farms" to the official rules list. This has been the policy for years, but it's been implicitly handled via the anti-farm scripts rather than stated as an official "rule." Now it's a rule and everyone can see it.