Hey! Welcome to Summa Crossroads!

Welcome to Summa Crossroads! Join us now to get access to all our features.

Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. There's so much, in fact, we can't list it all here!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Summa Crossroads Radio Refresh   Adele - Set Fire To The Rain Refresh   Various Refresh   0 of 25 Refresh Listen
Winamp Windows Media Player iTunes Real Player LiveStream

Photo

Rotating Signatures

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Masta Blastr

Masta Blastr

lol guise i r leet

• ++Hardcore Members
  • 2,610 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:00 PM

Rotating Signatures
A step by step guide on how to get rotating sigs.

Do you have lots of cool sigs but you can't use them all? With rotating sigs you can use them all. Every time you refresh the page, it changes. For example refresh the page and this image will change: Posted Image

Here is a tutorial on how to get a rotating signature like mine. The quoted parts are a tutorial from www.uzzisoft.com/. This is the site that hosts and rotates your sigs. Here is a link to the tutorial on their site: Rotating sig tutorial

You must have your own sigs to use. It won't make any for you.

You must go to http://www.uzzisoft.com/ to follow these tutorials.

Getting Started

1. Firstly you need to have some images which are under 40Kb and are image files (bmp, gif, jpg, png).
I will be using 3 signatures, their filenames are:
image1.gif image2.gif image3.gif

Posted Image

As you can see, each file is only 1 KB (using Windows Explorer to view file sizes).

2. Go to the Random Signature Script Part of the website (www.uzzisoft.com/randomsigscript) and click on Create an Account.

Posted Image

Fill in the details: username, password, retype password and email is an optional field (which is used if you have forgotten your password).

Posted Image

3. Once you have pressed submit it will tell you the URL of your Random signature. Since I signed up using the username tutorial my URL is: http://www.uzzisoft....t/tutorial.jpeg

Posted Image

4. Click on Login from the menu.

Posted Image

Enter your username and password which you signed up with, then press Login.

Posted Image

5. You will be shown a menu in the left hand side of your screen.

Posted Image

To add pictures to your Random Signature, click on Add More Pictures from the menu. This will allow you to add image files to your Random Signature.

6. You will now see a page which allows you to select the images from your computer and upload them. Click on the browse button and select each image you want to upload.

Posted Image

In this case, I've selected image1.gif, image2.gif and image3.gif.

Once selecting all the images you want to upload, click the Upload Pictures button.

7. You will then be shown which image files where uploaded.

Posted Image

In this case, Picture Link File 1 was successfully uploaded, etc.
If you don't see this success message for each image you uploaded, read the error message and try uploading the image again.

8. Now you have your files uploaded, let’s go and see if they are there. Click on View Pictures.

Posted Image

It will bring up a page which shows you the filenames of the images you uploaded.
If you don't want a particular image to be in your Random Signature click on Delete Text Link beside the filename or click on the checkbox beside the Delete Text Link and press Update/Delete button. A message will then be shown saying whether the images were deleted or not.

Posted Image

9. Let's go test our Random Signature out. Click on Login Home and you will be shown your Random Signature URL.

Posted Image

Click on the URL and you should be able to see your Random Signature. Refresh it a couple of times to see that it does work. That's all there is to it!

That is the basics for getting for getting a rotating signature. You can also add some more advanced settings like make it rotate progressively instead of randomly.

My Account - Randomness

The randomness option allows you to change whether the images in your Random Signature are either displayed at random (1,3,1,2,2,3) or progressive (1,2,3,1,2,3).

1. Click on My Account from the menu.

Posted Image

2. Select either Randomly or Progressive and then click on the Change Randomness button

Posted Image

3. A message will appear reporting the change.

Posted Image

You can now go to your Random Signature URL and test out the change.

You can make it change in certain amounts of days too.

My Account - Change Picture Days

Change Picture Days allows you to input the number of days to pass until another of your images will be displayed in your Random Signature. For example, I set the days to 3 and the starting image as 1. If I see my Random Signature, the image displayed will be image 1. After 3 days the image will then change to say image 2, etc.

If you previously had this enabled and wish to disable it, set the days as 0.

1. Click on My Account from the menu.

Posted Image

2. Input the days and the starting image and click on the Change Days button.

Posted Image

3. A message will appear reporting the change.

Posted Image

Shrinking your signature's file size

The host has a limit of 40KB per image. Most sigs will be bigger than this so you will have to make it smaller. It will make the file size smaller without affecting the picture size. Here is how to do it.

1. Open Photoshop if you have it and open the picture you want to shrink.

2. Click on File and then Save for Web and Devices. This will open up a new menu where you can edit the picture.

3. It will say the file size in the bottom left corner. If it is still too big, go to Quality on the right and adjust it down. This might make the image not as sharp but it will decrease the file size.

4. Once it is small enough, click save and save it where you want.

The picture should now be about half the size it originally was depending on how much you decreased the quality.

And that is how to get rotating sigs. Hope you like it. ;) Feel free to ask questions.

Posted Image

#2 Wahrheit

Wahrheit

Vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

• Head Admin
  • 8,418 posts
  • Xbox LIVE Gamertag: SXR Wahrheit
  • Steam Profile:SXRWahrheit
  • Minecraft Username:
    Wahrheit
  • Minecraft Gold:$7316.0

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:15 PM

Or you can use signavatar.com which has a 200kb limit.

#3 The Snake 87

The Snake 87

hellz yea, i can has full membership!

• +Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 03:07 PM

I have a uzzisoft, a randomsig, and this other one you just showed. Uzzi is to small, randomsig is down, so I am waiting to see how this one is...

#4 locoskier78

locoskier78

• +Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 10:42 PM

Not rotating. Better word would be random.

*checks again*

Nevermind! There's an option between random and progressive... garh.

I myself prefer just animating my signature to change between or fade in a looping gif.

#5 Masta Blastr

Masta Blastr

lol guise i r leet

• ++Hardcore Members
  • 2,610 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 11:12 PM

Not rotating. Better word would be random.

*checks again*

Nevermind! There's an option between random and progressive... garh.

I myself prefer just animating my signature to change between or fade in a looping gif.

The correct term the sites for this actually use is rotating.

BTW the site Matt mentioned and randomsig.net are better than the one I made the tutorial on.

Posted Image

#6 locoskier78

locoskier78

• +Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 05:04 AM

Like I said before. Just animate the dang thing using photoshop or flash.

#7 Jacob54321

Jacob54321

I has 10 postz. I needz maek moar.

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 04:44 PM

it wont let me do the gifs i want...
:(
http://chzgifs.files...34e1fd88a16.gif
http://chzgifs.files...alhubcapsp1.gif