Wahrheit

Tips for new players

Post your tips for new players on this thread, ask questions you have, and answer questions from others! I'll compile stuff as it gets posted, and add some of my own as I have time.

You can also use

/lwc mode persist on

to be able to lock/modify/toggle a bunch of blocks at once without having to repeat the command each time! Just remember to turn it off.

If you use persist, note that after you turn it off, your next punch on an eligible block will apply the flag one more time. This is important if you are unlocking a few chests and turn the persist off when done. The next punch still unlocks. 

Quick Top 10 things I can think of for new players (maybe even new to Minecraft) 

1. You can /spawn from any dimension, and have a /home in every dimension. (/sethome for a new marker/change)

2. Player shops are at spawn, and can also be viewed by saying /shop (!! Lots of Competitive Activity means varying prices, make sure to check everywhere before you buy !!)

3. First thing you should do is the start of the Reinwald Questline (Talk to Swabby, then Quest Master, Fisherman, McMMO Trainers) it will reward a starter set of armor and some diamonds which you can later use for a set with armor toughness

4. Avoid any and all hostile mobs until you're in full iron armor. Be hesitant to fight anything with a blue name until you have a few pieces of diamond, until you know the mechanics (ie; Skeletal Rogues will Shadowstep and Sprint, Archers will fire slow/fire arrows, Lesser Shades will summon minions and blind you)

5. Make friends. SummaXR is a very social server. Get integrated into Discord and you'll be able to keep up to date with the goings on everywhere you are. Trading isn't just limited to item exchange and gold economy. People are very willing to offer supplies/gear for building favors and IOUs. Utilize this when starting out.

6. Take the time out of an afternoon/evening to boat around to all the waypoints that prosperus has to offer. You can get around not having multiple homes in one realm by building one at a waypoint (it costs gold to teleport every time but it's worth it)

7. Emeralds are more valuable than Diamonds. I will fight you on this opinion. Diamonds are very important to New Players, Emeralds are pivotal to becoming an Advanced Player.

8. Summa Crossroads follows a rank system. Factors like playtime, level cap, gold amount and mob kills are all variables in ascending the ranks to become a Knight. (Each rank gets new perks and spells every time, check out the list here)

9. We have Custom Weapons and Armor. These items are very valuable and fetch a great price in the player marketplace. Mob drops can also be traded to the right NPC with Crystalized Experience, for a chance at a random rare piece of loot. 

10. Don't fuck with Wahrheit 

Sell fish and buy diamonds at my shop. I'm the only one on the server with craploads of diamonds so they're cheap as hell, 5g a piece. If you do the starter quests, you can get a fishing rod, go fishing, and sell whatever you catch to me and buy yourself some diamonds to start out with!

On 7/14/2018 at 6:26 PM, ElectricSparx said:

I'm the only one on the server with craploads of diamonds

rather, there are several people with craploads of diamonds; you're the only one with *many hundreds of craploads*

• Upvote 1

Another note to new players -- starting out, if you're into parkour, doing the daily parkour challenges will be the best way to earn gold -- check out the upper floor of the quest hall.

If you're not into parkour, the best source of gold starting out is to make a farm for the crops used in the daily farm quests -- check out the ground floor of the quest hall.  Many veteran players will be happy to give you some starting seeds of each of those crops to start your farm with.

Also, if you can find the grand library in the castle at spawn, this will be good daily income as well.

Mob Spawner/Mob Grinder Rooms are very much so frowned upon and will not work, at all.

To sidestep the general headachey/laggy nature of mob grinders, on Summa Crossroads, Mob Kills will reward increased loot, gold, and (experience?) (we're on a hard mode server, hunt your prey--don't cheese)

On top of that, Mob Spawners will reward 30 levels worth of EXP (From Level 1) as well as a Diamond Block.

edit: no confirmation on increased experience, it just seems like it in comparison to Vanilla Hardmode.