Wahrheit

Bug-stomping thread

I've fought countless mob and elite mob, and want to make light of a few things. Skeletal archers only drop imbued bows. Something is wrong with their loot drop tables with a overriding script, but all they drop for good things is an imbued bow. When I equip a bountiful blade off hand and a sharpshooter bow main, I get high looting and assure that I get an imbued bow from them. That's broken, partially because that's all I've ever seen from them. 

Pigmen don't agro if you one hit kill them, defeating the purpose of how scary they can be and making the nether feel innocent.

Phantom (ghastly elite) spawn inside obsidian blocks literally half the time, and they never target the character because they're too far away when they spawn outside of the ground. Maybe giving them a registered spawning height and have a forever lock on to their target. 

Occultist have never ever dropped imbued items, almost always a life totem and a few diamonds but that's it.

Bouncy slime are silly and shouldn't drop anything (like they do), but it'd be cool to have a mob spawn that hurts you with numbers like that and have it actually reward you. And 50 gold for the first kill feels like a nice incentive to find out what's wrong with that slime, but nothing more..

Lesser wright don't have any bugs but seeing them always makes me sad. Could we increase their hp or make them have an ability? They're the easiest 25 gold and are the true elite that should be getting bonuses, not skeleton rogues. 

Lesser shades have been known to agro players without even being looked at, and it's caused some incidents that suck. 

In the end, I've come to realize that the majority; if not every time I've died it's been some gimmicky way, and it's never left me feeling "next time", it's always left me sad and upset at the messed up mechanic and how it wasn't worth all that progress. Pretty much feeling cheated. Hope my list prevents that feeling in the future!

• Archers are ranged mobs, and have different loot tables.
  • The pigmen thing is a Minecraft bug - report it to Mojang.
  • Phantoms are dumb and that is a work in progress. It's a plugin bug.
  • Occultists are also ranged mobs and have different loot tables.
  • Bouncy slimes do some damage. If they're too easy to kill, I'll give them more skills.
  • Sure, I can make lesser wights more fun.
  • Shades are just normal Endermen, but I'll report the bug.

Ok, so a background:

On most servers, there's an exploit where when you DC and log back in, it kills your momentum.  This makes it possible to "parachute" by disconnecting right before you hit the ground, then logging back in and taking no damage from a fall.

This report isn't about that bug; you have a plugin in Prosperous (though not, it seems, on infinitus) to prevent it.  After you land on prosperous, it retroactively applies damage you should have taken from any falling you did before you disconnected.

*however*

There's a short gap between the time you land, and the time the retroactive damage is applied; I think its length depends on your connection, but I'm not sure.  If you disconnect a *second time* during this gap, then you don't take the damage when you log in again.

This seems to just be an oversight in the plugin, and IDK how much control you have over it -- it might be a known-issue-what-you-can't-fix-yourself like lag climbing (which I'm sure you already know about)  but I felt obligated to report it.

Feel free to take this down if you can't/won't fix it and don't want people seeing it

--------------------------

EDIT: looks like it merged my posts; separating this out because it's a separate issue

"/quests top" command seems to be broken - not sure if you know/care

Edited by Piogre
merge made my post make less sense, making it more clear

The train station system to the north is flooded with minecarts and backlogged. For the past few trips, when heading north, the chunks for the station will load up, and  I believe at least three minecarts start coming towards the player. When they hit, they, of course, stop the player's minecart and start sending them back to spawn. I know to expect it now, so I hop out of the cart in time. For new players, though, they can easily not realize it and get sent right back to spawn.

11 hours ago, NeoDaVinci97 said:

The train station system to the north is flooded with minecarts and backlogged. For the past few trips, when heading north, the chunks for the station will load up, and  I believe at least three minecarts start coming towards the player. When they hit, they, of course, stop the player's minecart and start sending them back to spawn. I know to expect it now, so I hop out of the cart in time. For new players, though, they can easily not realize it and get sent right back to spawn.

Fixed

Something I noticed tonight that isn't really a huge rush to fix;

My PC has the explorer quest for N/E/S/W Avenfeld, but no Avenfeld warp spell. All other spells transferred when I changed the name, but I think we may have missed this when you first ported me there back in the original rendition of the map prior to reset.

Autorank isn't recognizing progress towards rank.  IDK if this will block a rank-up, but it's if nothing else a visual error with /ar check

Also, the /ar check command says to check individual paths with /ar check <path> but that gives an error; individual paths can only be checked with /ar track <path> afaict

4TM6eZa.png

It looks like you don't have all of the requirements met - they have to be simultaneously completed.

The path thing should prompt you to use "view" rather than "check" - and you can use /rankup, which I scripted to check permissions and return the appropriate results, as shorthand for that.

Regardless, forwarded this to the dev.

I know I don't have the requirements to rank up fully, what I mean is:

-that the /ar check says 20% when it should say 60%

-/ar track 1 (the time requirement, which I completed some time ago) says "you have completed this requirement!" but /ar track 2 and /ar track 4 both just give the X/Y as though they've yet to be met

-"/ar view Apprentice Rank" and "/rankup" both print this, which doesn't seem right for user-facing text:

I7kmnek.png

It's meant to only say any % when you have them all done at once, I think. The % tracker indicates completed tasks, and they only complete simultaneously.

Per Discord, the debug text is a known (and already-reported) issue inherent to the beta build we're using.

moving this here even though I put it on discord already since this is technically the correct place for it:

non-breaking space being verbalized in dailylogin prompt

unknown.png?width=1095&height=616

You already know about the bones issue

Not sure if you saw on discord that elec finished the elites quest and didn't get the burnished armor reward -- counting mav that's 2 ppl it happened to I think

rankup appears to be broken for real this time -- 5 out of 5 requirements met, no rankup

tried /ar check, /ar view, etc

7 hours ago, Piogre said:

rankup appears to be broken for real this time -- 5 out of 5 requirements met, no rankup

tried /ar check, /ar view, etc

The rank queue processes occasionally - I saw you got promoted last night, congratulations!

9 hours ago, Piogre said:

moving this here even though I put it on discord already since this is technically the correct place for it:

non-breaking space being verbalized in dailylogin prompt

You already know about the bones issue

Not sure if you saw on discord that elec finished the elites quest and didn't get the burnished armor reward -- counting mav that's 2 ppl it happened to I think

looks like an issue with your texture pack not supporting nbsp characters.

I'll get him the armor later. It's the same bug affecting the bones.

2 hours ago, ElectricSparx said:

Quests that give a "MythicMobs Item Reward" don't actually give you anything. I hear it's supposed to be random drops from the veteran/elite loot tables?

Same bug.

16 hours ago, Wahrheit said:

Same bug.

This is probably the same bug, but the Arcane Forger took my bones and crystallized experience, and didn't give me the imbued chestplate he said he was. I have screenshots of my chatlog and inventory if you need to see them, but the forum is saying they are too big to attach here.

6 minutes ago, Impervious200 said:

This is probably the same bug, but the Arcane Forger took my bones and crystallized experience, and didn't give me the imbued chestplate he said he was. I have screenshots of my chatlog and inventory if you need to see them, but the forum is saying they are too big to attach here.

Same bug. I have it output to console what item you get - I'll give you one later.

1 hour ago, Impervious200 said:

I don't know if you added it to my inventory, but it showed up after a couple of minutes. Thanks either way!

That was me, lol.

And now quests have for some reason totally reset for me, it seems. All my active quests are now gone, and the first starter quest with Swabby is listed as available, not completed.

Don't know how it happened but I guess something broke during server restarts today?

My imbued hoe did not create farmland.  I tried with two different hoes.  I disconnected and connected again, in case there was some sort of desync between myself and the server, and no farmland.  I ended up using a normal, freshly made diamond hoe and it created farmland on the same blocks just fine.